KOGI STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY
PLOT TO USE MEN IN ARMY AND POLICE UNIFORMS TO ATTACK RT. HON. (PRINCE) MATTHEW KOLAWOLE BY DANGOTE GROUP AND IT’S AGENTS UNCOVERED
- This is to bring to the notice of the general public that we have gotten wind of credible intelligence that Dangote Group and it’s agents have concluded arrangements to use men in Army and Police Uniforms to attack Rt. Hon. (Prince) Matthew Kolawole, Speaker of the Kogi State House of Assembly and other members because of their stands in the ongoing investigative hearing which has unraveled some shady deals in the transaction of the Obajana Cement Company between Kogi State Government and Dangote Group.
- The 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as amended is clear on the functions of the States Houses of Assembly to make laws that will promote good governance of the state. It also has power on oversight functions to make enquiry or sanction as the case maybe. The Constitution further gave power to the legislative arm be it Federal or State to set up committees to carry out any specific assignment in this case, the ad hoc Committee to investigate the Internally Generated Revenue for Kogi State. Where has the Speaker or members of the Assembly committed any offense when they are performing their constitutional responsibility upon which the people elected them
- It will interest the public to know that for such a transaction of that magnitude to be valid, a resolution of the State Assembly is needed to perfect whatever agreement any agencies of government may want to enter; a fact the Management of Dangote Group cannot deny.
- The only option Dangote Group have is to come clean and provide all necessary documents as required by the ad hoc Committee on the investigative hearing as the State Assembly is only interested on how to resolve the impasse amicably for the state to have its fair share on the investment not using any tactics that will jeopardise the peace of the State.
- It is on this note, we hereby call on the security agencies to be on the red alert for the hired hoodlums and thugs that may want to hide in their uniforms to carry out dastardly acts. They should not allow themselves to be used against a legitimate cause that will better the lot of the entire people of the state and Nigeria at large.
- The Speaker has continued to reiterate the determination and commitment of the 7th assembly under his watch to do that which will promote the peace, development and prosperity of the state, as such he and the members will not be weary of performing their constitutional responsibility as enshrined in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Chief Press Secretary to the Speaker